Friday, September 24, 2010

THE WEDNESDAY LETTERS


I read a great book a few months ago called "The Wednesday Letters". It was about a husband and wife that died together and when their children were going through their things, they found a huge pile of letters. Their father had written their mother a letter every Wednesday throughout their marriage of 50 some odd years. Since I enjoy writing so much I started writing Jared a weekly letter. Since I much rather type, I am not going to be writing my letters to him on my blog.


J-Babe

You've only been up in Oregon for 2 1/2 weeks and it feels like an eternity. I am so grateful that you are such an amazing father and husband and provider for our family. I appreciate your sacrifices.
This week has been pretty quiet, not too hectic. I didn't have to do soccer practice this week thanks to the rain. The girls are being really good. They talk about you all the time and miss you so much. Abby has been writing you a letter at school for a whole week now. I just read it today and it's the sweetest thing ever. I am so lucky that our girls adore you. It is the most precious site for me to see them with you. Emma is doing better at daycare. She isn't crying everyday. She is getting better at writing her name, it's pretty cute. She still puts the "A" before the "E". I love it! It's Friday night and I'm thinking of taking the girls to a movie to get out of the house. I would much rather enjoy a family outing with you being.
I've never been away from you for this long in 10 years. It's pretty weird. It makes me realize how grateful I am for you and how much I love you. I hope you're enjoying Oregon. I know it's beautiful up there. I can't believe you drove all the way down here for Emma's birthday. That was the best gift she could have asked for.
I pray that you are healthy and safe. I think of you every second of every day. You are the love of my life. I'm sorry sometimes I forget to show it or say it. I'm much better at writing it. Hahaha. Please be safe and please come home to us soon. We love and miss you very much!

Love, your wife

PS. WALKER J. WORTHINGTON (you know what that means!)

1 comment:

j-rod said...

Holls Dolls. little may you know, I have actually already read this. I read it tha night you told me about it and sent me the address to it. I know I dont act like, or show that i appreciate you, but I do. I am lucky to have a woman like you. An excelent mother and wifey. I want you and Abby and Emma to know that I love you and miss you.. xoxoxo